Our website is a non-commercial public service. Our goal is to provide you with reliable information about BC securities legislation and policies, investor protection resources, enforcement actions, registration, issuer requirements and other initiatives of the BC Securities Commission. We strive to increase transparency into the Commission and to provide equal access to our information for all British Columbians.
We aim to provide you with information that is up-to-date, accurate and reliable. We do not make any warranty or assume any legal liability for the accuracy or completeness of the information, software and graphics on this website.
Privacy & Access to Information
The British Columbia Securities Commission (BCSC) is committed to protecting your privacy through responsible information management practices. We manage and protect personal information according to provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act , the Securities Act , and BCSC policies.
The information, software and graphics on our website are either:
- copyrighted by the BCSC or,
- provided with the permission of the owner of the intellectual property rights or,
- believed to be in the public domain.
You may reproduce information for personal, professional and educational use. Please exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the information reproduced and identify the British Columbia Securities Commission as the source. You may not reproduce information for the purpose of commercial redistribution, except with our written permission.
The BCSC publishes investor education and industry-related content to our various social media channels. We actively post to these channels, and monitor them during regular business hours. For more on our social media channels, you can view our Social Media Policy.
If you want to report a suspicious investment offer or file a complaint, please contact BCSC Inquiries by phone or email. We do not process complaints that we receive via social media.
We provide links to other websites that are not under our control. We do this as a convenience and for reference only. We do not endorse, recommend or accept any responsibility for the content of these websites.
You may link to our website subject to these terms and conditions:
- You may link to, but must not replicate, our content on your website.
- You must either transfer visitors full screen to our website or launch our website in a new browser window. Our content must not appear in the frames of other pages, nor be accompanied in any way by third-party information that may imply our affiliation with, or endorsement of, the third-party site or their frame.
- You must not use our logo unless we have provided it to you.
If you wish to reproduce information on our website for commercial purposes or to obtain a copy of our logo for linking purposes, please contact BCSC Inquiries by phone or email.