Alpha Exchange Inc. and Alpha Trading Systems L.P.
Section 33(1) of the Securities Act, RSBC 1996, c. 418
1. Alpha Exchange applied on April 7, 2011 for relief from the requirement that it be recognized as an exchange.
3. All other Canadian securities regulatory authorities, except the Commission, have exempted Alpha Exchange and Alpha LP from recognition, effective when the operations of Alpha ATS Limited Partnership (Alpha ATS) have been legally transferred to Alpha Exchange.
Alpha Exchange Inc. represents that:
2. its head office is in Toronto, Ontario and it does not have offices in any other jurisdiction;
3. it will be subject to the OSC’s oversight program and it agrees to comply with the terms and conditions of the OSC order; and
4. it is not in default of securities legislation in BC or any other Canadian jurisdiction.
1. Alpha Exchange must ensure fair, meaningful, and diverse representation on its Board of Directors and any Board committees, including:
(b) a proper balance among the interests of the different persons using the services and facilities of the exchange, including regional interests; and
(c) appropriate representation by persons that have expertise in or are associated with the Canadian public venture market.
(b) ensure the advisory committee is comprised of a proper balance of persons representing the interests of the different persons using the services and facilities of Alpha Venture Plus, including regional interests; and
(c) promptly report to the Commission, in writing, any material opposition to the advisory committee’s views or recommendations, together with reasons for that opposition.
(b) promptly provide the Commission with any other information relating to Alpha Exchange that the Commission requests.
5. Alpha Exchange Inc. must monitor the following criteria and, if any one threshold is crossed, promptly apply to the Commission for recognition as an exchange:
(b) the number of venture issuers listed on Alpha Exchange Inc., and which have the Commission as the principal regulator, equals or exceeds 1% of the total number of venture issuers; or
(c) for two out of three preceding calendar months, the total dollar value of the trading volume of all venture issuers listed on Alpha Exchange Inc. is equal to or greater than 3% of the total dollar value of the trading volume of all venture issuers for those months.