Exemption Application Process
Information in the Exemption Application Process section applies to applications for exemptive relief, including applications for exemptions from Part 2 of either National Instrument 44-101 or 44-102. It does not apply to applications relating to prospectus filings if they are filed on SEDAR.
Note that you
- must file mutual fund-related applications under NI 81-102, and
- may file prospectus-related applications electronically on SEDAR
The BCSC would like to ensure that you have all the information you require in order to simplify and expedite the exemption application process. We have assembled the following information to assist you:
- File your local exemption application online using BCSC e-services
- Decide what type of application to file
- Determine what information must be included with your local exemption application
- Determine what information is required if you are applying for relief in more than one jurisdiction under National Policy 11-203 Process for Exemptive Relief Applications in Multiple Jurisdictions
- Helpful tips and reminders for filing an exemption application
- Avoid the most common errors that may delay your exemption application
- Use plain language in your exemption application
- Understand what happens once you submit your exemption application
We also have the following resources to help explain the exemption application process.
If you have a question that we have not answered above, or if you wish to check on the status of your application, you may contact the inquiries line at the BCSC at 604-899-6854 or toll free at 1-800-373-6393 (BC and Alberta only).