21-101F2 Initial Operation Report Alternative Trading System [F - Rescinded]
March 9, 2007
March 1, 2007
July 6, 2012View PDF of 21-101F2 View Word version of 21-101F2
NATIONAL INSTRUMENT 21-101
INITIAL OPERATION REPORT
ALTERNATIVE TRADING SYSTEM
TYPE OF FILING:
INITIAL OPERATION REPORT AMENDMENT
A. Full name of alternative trading system (if sole proprietor, last, first and middle name):
B. Name(s) under which business is conducted, if different from item A:
C. If this filing makes a name change on behalf of the alternative trading system in respect of the name set out in Item A or Item B, enter the previous name and the new name.
D. Alternative trading system's main street address:
E. Mailing address (if different):
F. Address of head office (if different from address in item D):
G. Business telephone and facsimile number:
H. Website address:
I. Contact Employee:
(Name and Title) (Telephone Number) (Facsimile) (E-mail address)
J. The ATS is
a member of ___________________________________
name of the recognized self-regulatory entity
a registered dealer
K. If this is an initial operation report, the date the alternative trading system expects to commence operation:
L. The ATS has contracted with [regulation services provider] to perform market regulation for the ATS and its subscribers.
File all Exhibits with the Initial Operation Report. For each Exhibit, include the name of the ATS, the date of filing of the Exhibit and the date as of which the information is accurate (if different from the date of the filing). If any Exhibit required is inapplicable, a statement to that effect shall be furnished instead of such Exhibit.
If the ATS files an amendment to the information provided in its Initial Operation Report and the information relates to an Exhibit filed with the Initial Operation Report or a subsequent amendment, the ATS must, in order to comply with subsection 6.4(2) or 6.4(3) of National Instrument 21-101, provide a description of the change and file a complete and updated Exhibit.
Exhibit A A description of classes of subscribers (e.g., dealer, institution, or retail). Also describe any differences in access to the services offered by the alternative trading system to different groups or classes of subscribers.
1. A list of the types of securities the alternative trading system trades (e.g., equity, debt) or if this is an initial operation report, the types of securities it expects to trade.
2. A list of each of the securities the alternative trading system trades, or if this is an initial operation report, the securities it expects to trade.
Exhibit C A detailed description of the market structure of the alternative trading system (e.g., call market, auction market, dealer market).
Exhibit D The name, address, telephone number, facsimile number and e-mail address of counsel for the alternative trading system.
Exhibit E A copy of the constating documents, including corporate by-laws and other similar documents, and all subsequent amendments.
Exhibit F The name of any person or company, other than the alternative trading system, that will be involved in the operation of the alternative trading system, including the execution, trading, clearing and settling of transactions on behalf of the alternative trading system. Provide a description of the role and responsibilities of each person or company.
Exhibit G The following information:
1. The manner of operation of the alternative trading system.
2. Procedures governing entry of orders into the alternative trading system.
3. The means of access to the alternative trading system.
4. Fees charged by the alternative trading system.
5. The procedures governing execution, reporting, clearance and settlement of transactions effected through the alternative trading system. Where applicable, the description should include, at a minimum: the parties involved in settling the trades; the trades being settled; and the procedures to manage counterparty and settlement risk.
6. Procedures for ensuring subscriber compliance with requirements of the alternative trading system.
7. A description of safeguards and procedures implemented by the alternative trading system to protect subscribers' trading information.
8. Description of the training to be provided to users of the System and a copy of any materials provided.
Exhibit H A brief description of the alternative trading system's procedures for reviewing system capacity, security and contingency planning procedures.
Exhibit I If any other person or company, other than the alternative trading system, will hold or safeguard subscriber funds or securities on a regular basis, attach the name of the person or company and a brief description of the controls that will be implemented to ensure the safety of the funds and securities.
Exhibit J A list of the full legal name of registered holders and beneficial owners of securities of the alternative trading system.
Exhibit K A description of all material contracts executed by the alternative trading system.
Exhibit L A copy of the contract executed between the ATS and the regulation services provider.
Exhibit M The form of contract executed between the ATS and its subscribers.
Exhibit N The form of acknowledgement required by subsections 6.10(2) and 6.11(2) of National Instrument 21-101.
Exhibit O Description of the training to be provided to subscribers relating to the requirements set by the regulation services provider and a copy of any materials provided.
CERTIFICATE OF ALTERNATIVE TRADING SYSTEM
The undersigned certifies that the information given in this report is true and correct.
DATED at _______________ this _____ day of _________________ 20
(Name of alternative trading system)
(Name of director, officer or partner - please type or print)
(Signature of director, officer or partner)
(Official capacity - please type or print)
[Amended March 1, 2007]