Chilean Metals Inc. and TSX Venture Exchange [Reasons for Decision]
BCSECCOM #:2019 BCSECCOM 24
Document Type:Reasons for Decision
2019 BCSECCOM 24
Click on the Adobe icon to launch the Acrobat Reader
Chilean Metals Inc. and TSX Venture Exchange
Nigel P. Cave
George C. Glover, Jr.
Audrey T. Ho
November 13, 2018
November 13, 2018
Date of decision
Date of reasons
November 19, 2018
January 22, 2019
For Chilean Metals Inc.
For TSX Venture Exchange
For British Columbia Securities Commission
Reasons for Decision
- This was a hearing and review under section 28 of the Securities Act, RSBC 1996, c. 418 of:
- decisions of the TSX Venture Exchange dated July 27 and August 10, 2018 refusing to approve two tranches of a private placement by Chilean Metals Inc. (the Private Placement Decisions); and
- a decision of the Exchange dated August 27, 2018 to halt trading of the securities of Chilean (the Halt Trade Decision).
- There was a preliminary application by Christopher Berlet and Cogonov Inc. (the Intervenors) for intervenor status that we granted on October 24, 2018, with reasons to follow.
- On November 13, 2018, we dismissed Chilean's application for an interim stay of the Halt Trade Decision, with reasons to follow.
- On November 19, 2018, we dismissed all of Chilean's applications for orders in connection with our hearing and review of each of the Private Placement Decisions and the Halt Trade Decision (collectively, the Decisions), with reasons to follow.
- These are our reasons with respect to our decisions to grant intervenor status to Berlet and Cogonov, dismiss Chilean's application for an interim stay of the Halt Trade Decision and dismiss all of Chilean's applications for orders in connection with our hearing and review of the Decisions.