Shop Your Own Mortgage / My Mortgage Auction Corp. - Question Form
Thank you for your interest in providing the British Columbia Securities Commission (BCSC) with information about Shop Your Own Mortgage / My Mortgage Auction Corp. This matter is currently under investigation by the BCSC’s Criminal Investigations Branch.
Please read all of the following important Notices prior to filling out the form:
1. The Form below on this page asks you to disclose personal information to the BCSC.
2. You do not have to provide the BCSC with any information. You may omit at your discretion any or all of the information requested in the Form. All information you provide to the BCSC through the Form is provided on a voluntary basis.
3. Omitting information about your identity or anything else in the Form does not guarantee your anonymity. If you omit details about your identity or contact information in the Form, BCSC or other law enforcement agency staff may be unable to follow up with you, if required.
4. The BCSC does not undertake to maintain the anonymity or conceal the identity of anyone who provides information using the Form. Do not provide any information to the BCSC using the Form or otherwise if you wish to conceal your identity. The BCSC is not conferring Confidential Informer status on anyone participating in the information gathering process related to the Form or otherwise.
5. Information you provide to the BCSC will be securely retained by the BCSC unless and until its disclosure is required by law or to assist an outside investigative agency. The BCSC may also disclose information to the BC Prosecution Service if the Criminal Investigations Branch makes a referral for charge assessment, which may result in further disclosure of that information for the purposes of criminal court proceedings should they arise.
6. Information you provide to the BCSC will only be used in accordance with the BCSC’s duties and powers, as described in the Securities Act, R.S.B.C. 1996, c. 418.
7. The BCSC collects, uses and discloses personal information in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.B.C. 1996, c. 165. If the Criminal Investigations Branch makes a referral for charge assessment, your personal contact information will be disclosed to the BC Prosecution Service. If that referral results in criminal court proceedings, your personal contact information will not be disclosed as part of those proceedings absent a court order.