Mortgage Investment Entity Outreach Event – January 2022
We would like to hear from you in advance of the event for any questions relating to the topic, and we will try to address them during our presentation. Please contact us at RegistrantOutreach@bcsc.bc.ca.
Vancouver, British Columbia
This session is intended as a primer for unregistered mortgage investment entities (MIEs) and as guidance for registered MIEs. The BC Securities Commission is co-hosting this event with the BC Financial Services Authority on January 20, 2022. We propose covering the following topics:
- What is a MIE?
- Why is securities legislation important for MIEs?
- What mortgage broker activities may trip the requirement for securities registration?
- What are the exemptions from the requirement to register under the Securities Act?
- What are the registration categories under securities legislation?
- Does being registered change any of the obligations as a mortgage broker?
- Are there any exemptions from mortgage broker obligations for registrants under the Securities Act?