CSA appoints new Investor Advisory Panel Chair and seeks applications for new members to the panel
Calgary – The Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) today announce the appointment of Eric Spink as the new Chair of the CSA Investor Advisory Panel (IAP). The appointment, in effect since September 1, 2023, is for a two-year term.
“I congratulate Eric on his new role as Chair of the IAP. Having already served a year on the panel, I am confident his expertise will continue to benefit our members as well as retail investors across Canada in his new capacity as Chair,” said Stan Magidson, CSA Chair and Chair and CEO of the Alberta Securities Commission. “I would also like to thank outgoing Chair Guy Lemoine for his dedication and unwavering commitment to the protection of retail investors. His efforts were key in establishing the foundation for the panel’s first year.”
The CSA IAP was established in July 2022 to ensure retail investors’ interests and concerns are considered as policies are being developed. The panel currently has three member vacancies and is seeking applications. IAP members are appointed for staggered terms of either two or three years, which may be renewed once.
Applicants must have skills and experience in one or more of the following:
- Serving a community-based organization with a demonstrated commitment to advancing public policy, preferably relating to the financial well-being of Canadians or more specific demographic groups in Canada.
- Serving an investor or consumer association with experience representing the views of Canadians or more specific demographic groups in Canada.
- Advising investors in a professional capacity, such as a lawyer or an accountant.
- Providing financial advice to households.
- Analyzing and applying market or academic research around capital markets, personal finance, securities regulation, or related fields.
- Understanding impacts of technology on retail investors.
Cross-membership of at least one member ensures interconnection with the Ontario Securities Commission’s Investor Advisory Panel, to which Ontario residents are encouraged to apply through the OSC’s periodic application process.
Parties interested in applying to be members of the CSA IAP are invited to submit their resume, indicating their relevant experience, by October 6th, 2023. Applications and questions regarding the CSA IAP can be addressed to:
Tour de la Bourse
2010-800, Square Victoria
Montréal (Québec) H4Z 1J2
The IAP’s mandate and terms of reference can be found on the CSA’s website.
The CSA, the council of the securities regulators of Canada’s provinces and territories, co-ordinates and harmonizes regulation for the Canadian capital markets.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Canadian Securities Administrators