Requirements for Local Exemption Application
What information must be included with my local exemption application?
To ensure your application is handled quickly and effectively, you must include:1. A letter that:
- indicates that this is a local application
- describes the transaction and the parties involved
- describes what relief is needed
- identifies who needs the relief
- outlines the sections of the securities legislation where relief is required
- includes the relevant sections of the securities legislation that give the authority to grant the relief
- describes the reasons why it would be appropriate to grant the relief
- includes the names of similar recent local orders, decisions made by the BCSC or decisions of other Canadian regulators
- discusses how the application compares to the previous local orders, decisions made by the BCSC or decisions of another Canadian regulator(s)
2. A draft local order. To find previous orders and decision documents, check BCSC eServices using Research Exemption Orders. For decisions granting relief from issuer regulations made after launch of SEDAR+, also check SEDAR+.
3. A verification statement - set out in the form described in section 2.8(b) of BC Policy 45-601.
4. Copies of any supporting documents.
5. Applicable fees and a completed Fee Checklist.