BCN 2009/03 - Publication of Revised BC Policy 15-601 - Hearings and BC Policy 15-501 - Disclosure of Investigation Information [BCN - Lapsed]
- 15-501 - Disclosure of Investigation Information [BCI - Rescinded]
- 15-501CP - Disclosure of Investigation Information [CP - Rescinded]
- 15-601 - Hearings [BCP - Rescinded]
The Commission is publishing revised BC Policy 15-601 - Hearings and BC Policy 15 501 - Disclosure of Investigation Information. The policies accompany this notice.
- The hearings policy replaces our policy adopted November 2, 2006 and BC Policy 15-602 - Electronic Hearings adopted March 23, 2007.
- The disclosure of investigation information policy replaces our policy adopted February 20, 2007 and accompanies new BC Instrument 15-501 - Disclosure of Investigation Information issued today.
In December 2008, we published notice BCN 2008/51 Publication for Comment of Proposed Changes to BC Policy 15 601 Hearings, BC Policy 15-602 Electronic Hearings, and BC Instrument 15-501 and Companion Policy 15-501CP Disclosure of Investigation Information. We attached a draft hearings policy marked with the proposed changes and drew your attention to certain changes and we also set out the changes to the instrument and policy relating to disclosure of investigation information. Most changes reflect current Commission practice.
We received one comment on our notice. This related to the use of the Executive Director’s disclosure to respondents. The revisions in the policies and instrument reflect the Commission’s ruling in the Jung matter (2007 BCSECCOM 637). Consequently, we made no change.
March 6, 2009
Brent W. Aitken
This Notice may refer to other documents. These documents can be found at the B.C. Securities Commission public website at www.bcsc.bc.ca in the section Securities Law & Policy: Policies & Instruments.