BCN 2004/02 - Fee amendments [BCN - Rescinded]
The government has approved amendments to the Commission's fees, effective November 21, 2003.
The fee amendments
- eliminate the reinstatement fee where an employee of a securities firm transfers to another firm within three months and increase the fee from $100 to $250 where the reinstatement occurs after three months (item 7, formerly item 9)
- eliminate the fee for filing notices of changes in registration information (formerly item 9)
- eliminate the fee for issuing paper replacement certificates of registration (formerly item 10)
- remove the phrase “as defined in NI 81-102” to include all money market funds and not only those defined in NI 81-102 (item 10, formerly item 13, and item 16, formerly item 19)
- add a reference to the reports required under MI 45-103 Capital Raising Exemptions (item 16, formerly item 19),
- repeal the commission’s authority to pro-rate fees based on the number of calendar months for which registration is granted (section 22(3))
- make a number of drafting changes
A revised fee checklist, which must accompany all fee payments except those made electronically through SEDAR, will be published on our website shortly.
January 8, 2004
Douglas M. Hyndman
Ref: Securities Regulation, section 22
This Notice may refer to other documents. These documents can be found at the B.C. Securities Commission public website at www.bcsc.bc.ca in the Commission Documents database or the Historical Documents database.