44-101 - Short Form Prospectus Distributions [NI Amendment Proposed - Lapsed]
- BCN 2010/18 - Notice and Request for Comment Proposed Changes to Mining Rule National Instrument 43-101 Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects [BCN]
1. National Instrument 44-101 Short Form Prospectus Distributions is amended by this Instrument.
2. Part 4 is amended by adding the following new section:
“4.2.1 Alternative Consent - (1) Despite subparagraph 4.2(a)(vii), the issuer may file the consent of the firm that employed the qualified person at the date of signing the technical report, rather than the consent of the qualified person if
(a) the person named in the short form prospectus is a qualified person as defined in NI 43-101,
(b) the person’s consent is required in connection with a technical report that was not required to be filed with the preliminary short form prospectus, and
(c) the principal business of the firm is providing engineering or geoscientific services.
(2) A consent filed under subsection (1) must be signed by an individual who is an authorized signatory of the firm and who satisfies the conditions in paragraphs (a) and (c) of the definition of “qualified person” in NI 43-101.”
3. This Instrument comes into force on *.