BCN 2010/11 - Notice and Request for Comment - Modernization of Scholarship Plan Regulation Phase 1 - a New Prospectus Form for Scholarship Plans, Proposed Amendments to National Instrument 41 - 101 General Prospectus Requirements, Form 41-101F2 and Related Amendments [BCN]
- 41-101 - General Prospectus Requirements [NI - Rescinded]
- 41-101F2 - Information Required in an Investment Fund Prospectus [F- Rescinded]
- 41-101F3 - Information Required in a Scholarship Plan Prospectus [F Proposed - Lapsed]
The Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) are publishing for comment proposed amendments to National Instrument 41-101 General Prospectus Requirements and Form 41-101F2 Information Required in an Investment Fund Prospectus. These amendments would introduce new Form 41-101F3 Information Required in a Scholarship Plan Prospectus.
The attached CSA notice describes what we and other members of the CSA are proposing. The proposed scholarship plan prospectus rules would:
- provide a framework for a new scholarship plan prospectus form;
- mandate disclosure about scholarship plans that are tailored to this product, and that would be more relevant for investors; and
- contain layered disclosure, including a plan summary document, that together provides comprehensive information about the scholarship plan.
We have asked a number of specific questions about our proposals in the CSA notice.
The CSA notice describes where you can direct your comments relating to the proposed rules. We will consider all comments received by June 22, 2010.
You may refer questions to:
Manager and Senior Legal Counsel
Legal Services, Corporate Finance
British Columbia Securities Commission
604-899-6741 or (800) 373-6393 (toll free across Canada)
March 24, 2010
Brenda M. Leong
This Notice may refer to other documents. These documents can be found at the B.C. Securities Commission public website at www.bcsc.bc.ca in the Policies & Instruments or Historical Policies & Instruments sections of the website.