BCN 2009/17 - Notice of Amendments to Securities Regulation [BCN - Lapsed]
On September 16, 2009, the Lieutenant Governor in Council made an order-in-council to amend the Securities Regulation effective September 28, 2009.
The amendments to the Regulation:
- add a fee for registration of investment fund managers
- support the new national registration rule, National Instrument 31-103 Registration Requirements and Exemptions, and the passport system for registrants
- eliminate obsolete registration fees
- replace a reference to section 74(2)(7) of the Securities Act (which is concurrently being repealed) with a reference to section 2.1 of National instrument 45-106 Prospectus and Registration Exemptions
- remove references to section 139 of the Securities Rules which is concurrently being repealed
- repeal section 28 which is not necessary because it is covered by agreements between the Commission and the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada
- make consequential changes
Where to find Amendments
The text of the regulation amendments (B.C. Reg. 225/2009) is attached.
Please refer any questions to:
Senior Legal Counsel
British Columbia Securities Commission
September 25, 2009
Brent W. Aitken
Ref: B.C. Reg. 225/2009
Securities Regulation, ss. 1, 22, 24 and 27
This Notice may refer to other documents. These documents can be found at the B.C. Securities Commission public website at www.bcsc.bc.ca in the section Securities Law & Policy: Policies & Instruments.