71-102CP - Continuous Disclosure and Other Exemptions Relating to Foreign Issuers [CP Amendment Proposed - Lapsed]
- BCN 2009/20 - Notice and Request for Comment on Proposed Amendments to National Instrument 51-102 Continuous Disclosure Obligations, Forms 51-102F1, 51-102F2, 51-102F4, 51-102F5, 51-102F6, and Companion Policy 51-102CP and Proposed Amendments to National Instrument 71-102 Continuous Disclosure and Other Exemptions Relating to Foreign Issuers and Companion Policy 71-102CP [BCN - Lapsed]
1. Companion Policy 71-102CP Continuous Disclosure and Other Exemptions Relating to Foreign Issuers is amended.
2. Subsection 1.2(3) is amended by striking out "Acceptable Accounting Principles, Auditing Standards and Reporting Currency" and substituting "Acceptable Accounting Principles and Auditing Standards".
3. Section 2.1 is amended by
(a) in the preamble, striking out ", other than the relief for "foreign transition issuers" in Part 6,", and
(b) in the last paragraph, striking out "and paragraph (d) of the definition of "foreign transition issuer" in section 6.2 of the Instrument".
4. Section 4.1 is amended by striking out "Form 20 on SEDAR" and substituting "Form 20F on SEDAR".
5. Section 6.4 is amended by
(a) in paragraph (a), striking out "applicable in jurisdictions other than Alberta, British Columbia and Manitoba", and
(b) in paragraph (c),
(i) striking out "Multilateral" and substituting "National", and
(ii) striking out "or BC Instrument 52-509 Audit Committees".
6. The following is added after Part 7:
PART 8 TRANSITION
The amendments to this Policy which came into effect on January 1, 2011 only apply to periods relating to financial years beginning on or after January 1, 2011.
7. These amendments only apply to periods relating to financial years beginning on or after January 1, 2011.
8. These amendments become effective on January 1, 2011.