BCN 2007/20 - Adoption of amendments to National Instrument 33 109 Registration Information, Companion Policy 33-109CP, National Instrument 31 102 National Registration Database, Companion Policy 31-102CP and Consequential amendments [BCN - Lapsed]
- 31-102 - National Registration Database [NI Amendment - Lapsed]
- 31-102CP - National Registration Database [CP Blackline - Lapsed]
- 33-109 - Registration Information [NI Amendment - Lapsed]
- 33-109CP - Registration Information [CP Blackline Amendment - Lapsed]
The British Columbia Securities Commission, with the other Canadian Securities Administrators, is adopting amendments to National Instrument 33 109 Registration Information, Companion Policy 33-109CP, National Instrument 31 102 National Registration Database and Companion Policy 31-102CP.
The amendments are minor housekeeping amendments that:
- reflect Québec's participation in the National Registration Database
- replace the term "non-registered individual" with "permitted individual"
- provide some relief to registrants hamstrung by two deadlines that are too short
- ensure the regulator is kept abreast of changes in a registrant's financial year end and its auditor
- clarify the responsibilities each firm bears for the information submitted to the regulator.
The Commission is also making consequential amendments to the Registration Transfer Rules, B.C. Reg. 193/97, effective May 15, 2007.
May 14, 2007
Douglas M. Hyndman
Ref: National Instrument 33 109 Registration Information
Companion Policy 33-109CP Registration Information
National Instrument 31 102 National Registration Database
Companion Policy 31-102CP National Registration Database
Registration Transfer Rules, B.C. Reg. 193/97
This Notice may refer to other documents. These documents can be found at the B.C. Securities Commission public website atwww.bcsc.bc.cain the section Securities Law & Policy: Policies & Instruments.